Settore scientifico disciplinare: SECS-S/01 Statistica
Achille Lemmi born on April the 6th, 1943 in Perugia (Italy) was graduated in Political Sciences at the University of Siena in 1966. Present academic position: full professor in Economic Statistics, Dept. Metodi Quantitativi, University of Siena (Italy). Institutional commitments in research activity: director, Centro Interdipartimentale di Ricerca sulla Distribuzione del Reddito (CRIDIRE), Università di Siena; associate editor, Statistics in Transition, Journal of the Polish Statistical Association; member of the Editorial Board of Journal of Economic Inequality; member of the Scientific Commettee of the National Observatory on Income Inequality at Fonfazione E. Gorrieri, Modena; member, Centro di Ricerca sull'Integrazione Europea (CRIE), Università di Siena; local advisor, Summer School on Social Statistics, Siena Group, Tes-Institute (Luxembourg); member, Scientific Committe, Laboratorio per l’Intelligenza Artificiale e la Statistica Applicata (LIASA), University of Siena; member, Administrative Board, Consorzio per lo Sviluppo delle Metodologie e delle Innovazioni nelle Pubbliche Amministrazioni, Roma. Scientific research fields: theories and models of personal income distribution; analyses and measures for living condition with special reference to poverty, inequality and labour market; models of socio-economic behaviour with special reference to firm performance analysis and to household consumption expenditures; statistical methods for longitudinal (panel) analyses, time series and forecasting; multiequational linear structural models. Scientific publications: about 85 monographs and papers on international scientific journals or at international publishers. Scientific societies: International Statistical Institute (ISI), American Statistical Association (ASA), Società Italiana di Statistica (SIS).
- Betti G., D’Agostino A., Lemmi A., Quintano C. (2009), A parametric model for estimating fuzzy poverty measures and relative standard errors, Politica Economica, 25(3), pp. 279-299.
- Betti G., Lemmi A., Verma V (2009), Multidimensional aspects of poverty and living conditions: the estimation at Regional level, Rivista Italiana di Economia, Demografia e Statistica, 63(1/2), p. 27-47.
- Betti G., D’Agostino A., Lemmi A. (2008), Fuzzy monetary poverty measures under a Dagum income distributive hypothesis, in Chotikapanich D. (ed.), Modeling Income
- Betti G., Lemmi A. (2008), Advances on income inequality and concentration measures. London and New York: Routledge.
- Betti G., Cheli B., Lemmi A., Verma V. (2007), The Fuzzy Approach to Multidimensional Poverty: the Case of Italy in the 1990s, in Kakwani N., Silber J. (eds.), Quantitative Approaches to Multidimensional Poverty Measurement, Palgrave Macmillan, pp. 30-48.
- Lemmi A., Betti G. (2006), Fuzzy Set Approach to Multidimensional Poverty Measurement. New York: Springer.
- Betti G., Cheli B., Lemmi A., Verma V., (2006), On the construction of fuzzy measures for the analysis of poverty and social exclusion, Statistica & Applicazioni, 4(1), pp. 77-97.
- Betti G., Lemmi A., Verma V. (2005), School-to-work transitions in the European Union: evidence from the ECHP. Innovation: The European Journal of Social Science Research, 18(4), pp. 419-442.