Settore scientifico disciplinare: SECS-S/01 Statistica
Interessi di ricerca: inferenza basata sul disegno, strategie di campionamento per indagini ambientali
Born Siena, February 3, 1952
Full professor of Statistics from the Department of Economic and Statistics of the University of Siena. Head of the Department of Quantitative Methods of the University of Siena for the years 2000-2003 and 2009-2010.His research interests concern sampling theory with focus on sampling strategies for surveying animal and plant communities to estimate and to map abundance, coverage and ecological diversity. He is Associate Editors of Environmetrics and Environmental and Ecological Statistics. From 2006-2009 he directed the new-born Working Group on Methodologies for Sample Surveys of the Italian Statistical Society. In 2017 he joined the Scientific Committee of the Maremma Regional Park (Central Italy). He is member of the Italian Statistical Society (SIS), elected member of the International Statistical Institute (ISI), and member of the International Environmetric Society (TIES) and of the International Association of Survey Statisticians (IASS).
- P. CORONA, S. FRANCESCHI, C. PISANI, L. PORTOGHESI, W. MATTIOLI, L. FATTORINI Inference on diversity from forest inventories: a review. BIODIVERSITY AND CONSERVATION.
- L. FATTORINI, M. MARCHESELLI, L. PRATELLI. Design-based maps for finite populations of spatial units. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN STATISTICAL ASSOCIATION
- L. FATTORINI, M. MARCHESELLI, C. PISANI, L. PRATELLI Design-based asymptotics for two-phase sampling strategies in environmental surveys. BIOMETRIKA, 104, 195-205.
- L. FATTORINI, C. PISANI, F. RIGA, M. ZACCARONI The R package "phuassess" for assessing habitat selection using permutation-based combination of sign tests. MAMMALIAN BIOLOGY, 83, 64-70.
- L. FATTORINI, N. PULETTI, G. CHIRICI, P. CORONA, C. GAZZARRI, M. MURA, M. MARCHETTI Checking the performance of point and plot sampling on a large-scale population of trees outside forests using high-resolution imagery. CANADIAN JOURNAL OF FOREST RESEARCH, 46, 1264-1274.
- M.C. PAGLIARELLA, L. SALLUSTIO, G. CAPOBIANCO, E. CONTE, P. CORONA, L. FATTORINI, M. MARCHETTI From one- to two-phase sampling to reduce costs of remote sensing-based estimation of land-cover and land-use proportions and their changes. REMOTE SENSNG OF ENVIRONMENT, 184, 410-417.
- F. FERRETTI, L. FATTORINI, A. SFORZI, C. PISANI. The use of faeces counts to estimate relative densities of wild boar in a Mediterranean area. POPULATION ECOLOGY, 58, 329-334.
- L. SALLUSTIO, M. MUNAFO’, N. RIITANO, B. LASSERRE, L. FATTORINI, M. MARCHETTI. Integration of land use and land cover inventories for landscape management and planning in Italy. ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING AND ASSESSMENT, 188, 48.
- G. CHIRICI, R.E. McROBERTS, L.FATTORINI, M. MURA, M. MARCHETTI Comparing echo-based and canopy height model-based metrics for enhancing estimation of forest aboveground biomass in a model-assisted framework. REMOTE SENSING OF ENVIRONMENT, 174, 1-9
- P. CORONA, L. FATTORINI, M.C. PAGLIARELLA Sampling strategies for estimating forest cover from remote sensing-based two-stage inventories. FOREST ECOSYSTEMS, 2, 18.